Saturday, June 18, 2011

TIA, bambo


I trust that you’ll
allow me the space
to share my thoughts
for a moment regarding
the uninhibited grace
of your tempt, Love.
The olfaction of
the trip has quartered
me in your arms.  The
sweet aroma of red dusted
roads runs miles through
my mind of memories past.
The sound of your straw
bristles across my stoop,
linens flapping in the breeze.
The warmth of your
beating bossom has grabbed hold
again with the site of your
barren landscapes.  I accept
your embrace, as in years past.
The smoky drip of your
charred flesh, the
gritty swig of your social circle,
a part of which I somehow belong.
With the wave of your hand
hesitation fades
revealing wholesome
sunrises burning like fires
speckling the horizon.
TIA, bamboo.  Welcome home,
my wayward friend.

2 comments:

  1. It was only a transient event though, during which bambo had olfactory hallucinations about Africa.

    ReplyDelete