Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4/28 Tomato & Mushroom saute

In my quest to raise my daily servings of vegetables to 10, I executed less than perfectly the following recipe:
http://www.canadianliving.com/food/cherry_tomato_and_mushroom_saute.php.

It tastes great.  I always whipped up the rest of the kale that I purchased yesterday.  The first round, I tried sauteeing it, but it was REALLY chewy, as I'm told kale is supposed to be.  However, this time, I boiled it, and it softened up surprisingly well.  I boiled in a 2:1 water:vinegar mixture. It tastes even better if you sprinkle it with crushed red pepper flakes.

I'll take photos of final products from now on before I eat them.

On an unrelated note, the Washington Capitals just lost to the Montreal Canadiens in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals of the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs.  The Canadiens were seated in 8th place in the conference (out of 8), and the Capitals were seeded 1st.  Suck it Ovechkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment