Tuesday, April 27, 2010

4/27 Artichokes are weird-looking

I've been taking a lot of cooking inspiration from my friend and Crossfit workout partner Nicole.  She's the author of Primal Kitchen Chaos, a sweet blog devoted to the mastery of cooking foods that conform to the standards of a "Paleo Diet".  More on the Paleo Diet in a future post.

Anyways, she inspired me to try to cook some different veggies for once: kale & artichoke.  I had never before tried kale, which has a very rich GREEN taste (you know what I mean...I hope).  Artichoke is just plain good.

How to Cook Kale (by: Sarah Sandori)
How to Cook and Eat an Artichoke (by some chick named Elise)

If you are going to try it, don't use too much soy sauce for the kale.  It will become way too salty.

These two veggies pack a ton of nutrition.  Kale has probably the best calorie-to-nutrient ratio of any veggie on the planet.  Sauteeing kale will keep the nutrients from leaking into the water in which you are boiling it.  Having said that, look at the shit-ton (metric) of nutrients in this stuff!

You would also have a hard time coming up with a good excuse to not eat artichokes.


Eat 'em up.

No comments:

Post a Comment